Saturday 11 April 2015

Certain things have a special place in your heart. They leave a mark. No matter what, the mark shall remain and it is often hard to remove. Teddy bears are, to some, very special. It is psychologically therapeutic and comforting. It soothes tension. It helps you calm down. 

Legend says that teddy bears help fight monsters in the dark. I think it is more than that. Childish and ridiculous as it is. It is a coping mechanism proven effective in de-stressing oneself.



This one here is Alex. He might look a little sad but he has been with me for a few years. He might not have emotions but he has love to give. Just by his mere being as a teddy bear. Something material does not leave too strong a mark. But the sentiment is there. 

For humans? We leave marks. Some deeper than the others. Some are loved widely, some are loved deeply. But I know I cannot have both. Some people can. I am just not one of them. Some love widely, some love deeply. I am told that my happiness is infectious. My sadness, haunting. 

But unlike Alex, I can smile. So in your eyes, regardless of my frustration or sadness, I shall strive to always smile

No comments:

Post a Comment