Friday 10 April 2015

I fancy myself a universe in motion. A universe is fascinating. It expands over time. It contains many things that humans have yet to find out about. I want to be like that too. I want to be a fascinating being. I want to grow. I want to discover and create. 

Earlier this year, I have had a soul vacation. My life is never the same again.



The Prophet's mosque is majestic. Walking from the hotel to the mosque, I literally heard every pounding of my heart as if my hearing was heightened. I was lost in the background of humans. All I see was the magnificent view ahead of me: of pure white, gigantic, retractable umbrellas. 

Interesting is it not?

Despite blending with the noises around me, I seemed to be ironically losing my sense of awareness. I quickened my pace with my sister holding my hand tight.

I got in and performed tahiyyatul masjid. In my last prostration, I could not lift my head for tears did not stop flowing. I sunk in peacefulness and a surge of happiness shot from within. After I gave salam, few old faces turned back. I may had sniffed a little too loud. Those faces were warm and smiling with beautiful crinkles. Those faces were warm and smiling eyes twinkled.

I replied one with my own, with warmth that I can merely hope match theirs.

I still remember how it felt like. I am now sure that when we say we miss something, all it really means is that we miss our feelings. I aspire to keep that feelings alive. As daunting as any aspiration could be, this one is the hardest. We humans forget. As life goes on, my feelings go along as well. But I remember. I remember when I try harder.

No comments:

Post a Comment