Tuesday 14 April 2015

I have always seen days like this: there are good days, bad days and days in between. Yesterday was a mixture of all those. It was good because of English Literature and Psychology. It was bad because of History. It was one of the days in between because of love. And I do not really know what to feel about the night rain before the day ended.


The thing about the "powerful, euphoric, magical, synchronistic, beautiful" parts of life is that it always makes your day slightly better. It is something good in every day. If this is how you view the world, maybe it is after all not so bad for a "tree in the shade" before you go on your way. The worldly comforts are not for you. Yet when I want to or say that to myself, I feel like I cannot really say that. I am blessed with abundance of worldly comforts by the grace of Him.

So I reckon one can only hope to be able to express gratitude in life often. 

The thing that we talk about when we talk about life is happiness. The thing that we rarely talk about when we talk about life is gratitude. And I still wonder about the thing that we do not talk about when we talk about life. There is barely anything novel in this world. Novelty itself comes from combination of inspired ideas, put together in a creative craft.

That is what I do- to incorporate things that make me happy into beautiful days (which build up my life) and I can always, at the end of the day, be thankful about the things that happen. Good or bad. Good, a test in disguise, a blessing undercover. Bad, a blessing in disguise, a test undercover.

As it rained yesterday, we walked- my favourite person and I. As he smiled and said goodbye, we burst in happiness- my heart and I. As he walked through the pouring rain, we shivered in a different sort of cold sensation- him, from the rain possibly and myself from a surge of love- unexpectedly- though it was not the first.

Within a space of a year, we have fostered a companionship. One that is worth longer than our lifetime, it feels like. From many a time I have felt love for him, the latest keeps championing over the previous moment. For days and days to come, there will always be a moment of gratitude I shall spend. What I have is gold and this time, I would want to keep it for myself. Not for the greed. Just for the good things that keeps even the darkest days bright. Albeit dim. 

From time to time, there will come days when I would feel dull. But everyone can brighten life. Sometimes (ironically) monochrome, sometimes with frenzy of colours. Regardless, be hope and be hopeful.

No comments:

Post a Comment